Monday, July 5, 2010

No more grandma's day care...

That's right, my mom is officially relieved of daycare duty until the Fall semester begins. Now that we have a nice office at home, Nick and I are alternating work days and days with Gavin and I couldn't be happier right now. Last week was the first week on our own and we managed to get a little work done. I won't lie, we are both freaking out a little bit because we both have a lot to do in the next few weeks but it's nothing that we haven't faced before. Plenty of people have kids and work, and school and it all gets done somehow so we're no different. We just have to be very disciplined about our work time which we still haven't mastered after all this time.

The playroom is still "under construction". It's not fully functional yet because we have had such a hard time finding a baby gate for the stairs. But in the meantime, I've made some wall art and curtains for it and it's starting to look pretty cute. Soon enough it'll be ready for playdates!

The office should be officially done this week too. The desk is up and I've been using it but we still haven't bought the big armoire that I wanted (with hanging folders and bookshelves). We also need a wireless mouse and keyboard so we can be a bit more comfortable using our laptops. I will post pictures as soon as they're done. I can't wait!

This week's agenda includes more swim lessons, a play day at Amaya Papaya (a fun place for kids), library story time, art day, and Gavin's baptism on Saturday. We may try to squeeze in a visit to an organic farm too but we'll see how it goes. I have to get better at taking pictures. Gavin had his first haircut (curls are gone...it was time) and Nick took video but I totally forgot the camera....that's a major scrapbooking page and I forgot. Hopefully now that I have a scrapbooking station upstairs, I'll start hosting scrapbook days again and will get back into a routine.

No comments: