This means that Nick is in charge of the house and Gavin for this week. I am still feeling guilty over this. He keeps saying "you are abandoning us"....kidding of course. But he will be "abandoning" us in August when he goes to Atlanta for a week. Granted, his trip is a business trip so it's not the same. I am really going to miss them especially after seeing Gavin's swim lesson this morning. He is starting to do his back floating/roll back and he did SO well. Nick forgot to tell me that they'd started practicing it last week. I told Nick I'd cry if I come back and he's already floating on his own! The instructor took him away from the wall so he wouldn't be able to get to it easily. Gavin does not like to float on his back (does any child?) so he preferred to swim. She would let him swim so he could learn that there was no wall/no air so he HAS to turn on his back. It was just beautiful the first time he turned over on his own. I am afraid that he'll be doing the whole sequence on his own by next Monday and I am going to miss it! :( Nick is going to video Friday's lesson so I can see it and we plan on skyping while I'm gone so Gavin can see me and his abuela. Now that he is so fun and aware of his surroundings I wonder how he'll react to not having me around for a few days. I guess we'll find out.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Ready to go to Minnesota?!?!
Tomorrow I am headed to Minnesota for a 4 day expedition with my mother to the "largest mall in the world" (Mall of America). This was not really a planned vacation. My dad has a business trip to Minneapolis and when my mom found out they have the biggest mall in the world, she wanted in. Since my mom is not really a "do-it yourself" vacationer she preferred to have a guide and that's where I come in. So, my job is to make sure she returns to the hotel every night after walking around endlessly at the Mall. As Nick said, after 4 days of shopping I may not be a happy person but I'm looking forward to having 4 days with my mom doing "girl stuff". I still haven't had time to pack or look for other attractions but I will do some of the searching tonight so I'm not just stuck at the mall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was a little let down by Mall of America. Its just larger versions of regular stores. I mean how large does a Sears need to be? It seemed empty when I was there, but that was a few years ago.
Also it is no longer the largest mall. West Edmonton in Canada is the largest in North America while one in Dubai and a slew of newer malls in Asia still top the list. Mall of America is usually referred to as the largest in America but this honor is more accurately placed upon an older mall in Youngstown, Ohio known as Eastwood if all area is included while Mall of America has the most under a single roof in America. Sorry, I just find malls very interesting.
Oh and make sure to check out the log flume ride its fun. And the spinning coaster is awesome. have fun
Post a Comment