Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back to the coupon savings...

Not that I ever stopped but over the summer I haven't had time to be as an aggressive coupon shopper as I had been in the spring. I am still dwelling on the deals that I didn't get because I was so disorganized and didn't make it to the store in time.
This week I am back on track. All my coupons are clipped, the binder is organized once again and I'm hoping I can go back to my once a week organized shopping trips and save lots.

I am off to a pretty good start. My CVS Sunday trip included:
1 pack of Huggies diapers
1 bag of Tostitos
2 bags of M&M's
2 packs of CVS pantiliners

Total out of pocket: .71 cents AND I got $5 in Extra Care Bucks for my next trip.

Today I went to Target just to pick up a small number of staples I was out of and scored some freebies along the way. I wasn't planning on it but I scored 2 containers of Pampers baby wipes FREE- they were on a temporary price cut for $1.97 and I had $2 coupons. This is why I always have my baby coupons on me at all times. Plus, I got 2 travel Right Guard deodorants, 3 Olay body bars, 3 travel Tide laundry detergents for free as well. The overage on some of the coupons subsidized the tax on them so it really did come out to free.

This is just the little push I needed to get back in the game. It's so fun not to pay for things! (legally, of course) :)

No comments: