Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cry Baby...

... I mean ME not Gavin!
Tonight after Nick gave Gavin his bath, I got Gavin's pj's ready and I always count "one" for his first arm and "two" for his second arm as I put his shirt on and the same for his legs.  Well, today I said "one"  and then Gavin answered "two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten" all on his own!  Nick and I just looked at each other in absolute awe.  I went to put his pants on and I said "uno" and he replied "dos, tres", he paused and I said "cuatro"  then he continued "cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez" .  Nick and I went crazy!!!  I hugged him so hard and tears flowed.   Nick got teary eyed too.

I was never a crier...until I had Gavin.  Now, I cry at commercials, TV shows, anything that reminds me of how lucky we are to have the amazing family we are surrounded by/how lucky we are to have a healthy child, etc.  [No, I'm not pregnant- just in case anyone is wondering].  I can just see myself crying for the rest of my life every time Gavin makes a team, gets an A on a test, plays the piano (i love piano players), and every other accomplishment in his life.

Gavin is just the most perfect, amazing child we could have ever hoped for.  He continues to amaze us every single day of our lives. If there's one thing we've learned it is this: never underestimate a child's potential.  Encourage him or her and reinforce the learning process (and find time to relax and have fun too).  We don't mind all the happy tears...we are one lucky family.

No comments: