Gavin refused to wear any cute fuzzy costume so we had to get creative and make something that would be a "costume" yet be normal clothing for Gavin. The result: "McDreamy" or "Dr. McDreamy" (for the family in PR, it's a reference to the TV show Grey's Anatomy where one of the doctors is so cute they call him McDreamy).
| "the surgical cap" is one of my running bandanas. We meant to buy a surgical mask but passed when the only boxes Nick could find were 50 count. We only needed one! |
This time I did take pictures but I took them all on my mom's camera. These are just the pictures that she has sent to me so far. Isabel was dressed as Minnie Mouse---just the dress because she refused to wear the headband or the gloves. Even the dress was too much for her, she kept pulling on it and asked to be changed a couple of times.
| He insisted on walking by himself without holding hands. |
| not my house...our neighbor's down the street. Gavin wanted to stay here. |
| Very happy to have gotten play-doh (by the way, background is our house---thanks to Ron and Mary for decorating at the beginning of October) |
| Our cute kitty pumpkin. We also had a cute doggie pumpkin. |
I am surprised that 1. Gavin kept his bandana on for as long as he did. He would take it off periodically but would be ok with me putting it back on every time we went for a walk and 2. how quickly Gavin picked up the routine: Walk, carry plastic pumpkin, find people, stop and look at the people (we only went to the ones where people were sitting in their garage/driveway), wait for them to come to him to put treats in the pumpkin, say "thank you" and "bye-bye" and keep walking to the next group of people. I would have loved to be in his little head today- he was so amused. He has no interest in the candy, he just went through the motions although he was very happy when someone put play-doh in his pumpkin.
On a side note: Nick and I miss the era where kids made their own costumes. As we greeted the kids, we couldn't help but notice that all the kids pretty much wear the same thing and I could tell where they bought their costumes. I saw older kids wearing regular clothes and a mask of some sort....didn't even "distress" their clothes to match the mask. Gavin is still little but I hope that when he gets older, he will prefer to make his costume rather than buying one. At least, we'll encourage him to do so, we'll see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment