Saturday, October 9, 2010

My "McDreamy"

On Wednesday night, Nick and I took advantage that my mom was watching Gavin for the night and decided to go to the pre-game festivities for the UCF Football game (no drinking for us).  I was hesitant to go because
1.  I didn't want to be surrounded by a drunken crowd and 2.  I thought I should take the time to work on my actual work rather than take time off.  But Nick convinced me to go to meet a colleague, hang out for a little and then come home.
We walked around the football stadium to find that there were quite a few vendors giving out free stuff.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw a CNN trailer wrapped with pictures of "my one true love" (as Nick refers to him), Anderson Cooper.  Below are the pictures from the trailer....

my new desktop wallpaper :-) 
Inside the trailer, they had a number of Ipads hooked up with trivia questions about news that have been featured in Cooper's show.  So, of course I had to try it.  Nick was on board too.  We had to get at least 4 questions right to win a prize.  What was the prize?  A lifesize poster of Anderson Cooper :) ....needless to say I was very excited!
My trivia game sucked but it malfunctioned and it never generated a score so Nick tried it and we got 6 right so I got my poster.  I think the lady offered us something else (a non-Cooper item) and I said "oh no, this is just what I wanted".  Nick explained how much I love Anderson Cooper and so she just started giving me everything she had that had his picture on it.  I got two cut-out posters, a postcard, and an iPhone skin with his picture (I don't have an iPhone but I wasn't going to turn it down).  The posters are a nice addition to my office! :)

1 comment:

Mary Fryman Guittar said...

He is "McDreamy" I am sure Gavin will have as much power as Mr. Cooper.