Ellie had her 2 month check up earlier this week. She now weighs 11.2 lbs and measures 24.4 inches. She is a tall girl. The doc said she is at the top of the chart for height. I looked back at the blog and Liam was 23.25 inches at his 2 month visit so Ellie's on track to catch up to him. I have a feeling it will get to the point where people will ask if Ellie and Liam are twins. We'll see. All in all Ellie is a healthy girl.
The doc did confirm that the rashes on her body are eczema. At this point the only "treatment" is to bathe her less often and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. She said only 1-2 baths per week, lather her up in cream/oil, and use skin care for sensitive skin. So far it's a bit better. I've been using the Dr. Bronner mild castille soap for babies and it alleviates the redness at first. Then something else sets it off. Her elbows and knees look better but still have that rough feel to them. Ellie also has "cradle cap" which is super dry, scaly scalp. That has improved a lot since the doc said it was ok to wash her head with a mild baby brush to try to scrape the dry skin off. On Tuesday night I scrubbed her little head--gently, but for a while--and it looks much better now. I also have been rubbing baby oil on her head and that seems to help. Hopefully the eczema is not a sign of future allergies and she'll outgrow it in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment