Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day--Gavin's Friendship Party

Gavin was super excited for this day.  He was looking forward to the friendship party that his school had scheduled for today.  Over the weekend he made his friendship cards for all of his classmates.  Grandma and Grandpa Guittar had mailed him two sets of friendship cards to choose from.  Gavin decided that the Cars friendship cards would be for the boys in his class and the Star Wars friendship cards would be for the girls in his class (I think b/c they featured Queen Amidala).  Each card also included a magnet as a gift.  Gavin addressed all the cards for his classmates and then said he needed one for himself so he addressed one for himself, from himself (b/c he couldn't stand not having a magnet for himself).  

Mom FAIL--I forgot to have him do a card for his teachers...didn't even cross my mind until I saw kids giving out cards and gifts to their teachers when I dropped Gavin off.  I knew I was going to forget something.  At least, Gavin did not notice he didn't have anything for the teachers and luckily he wasn't the only one so I didn't feel too bad.  

The friendship party consisted of the kids visiting another classroom and sharing cards and treats with all of their friends.  Gavin came home really happy and told me he had a cookie at the friendship party.  He had already told Nick on the way home that his backpack was full of "delicious junk treats."  Nick called me to tell me how I have influenced Gavin since he now calls candy "junk."  I wondered if he said that at school. :/ 

Here are pictures from today because quite frankly I'm really proud of myself for managing to getting all the kids "dressed up" for the day.  Ellie wore a dress to the party...even though she wasn't invited. :)
Thanks Titi Maribel for the dress.  It almost didn't fit her.  The tights were REALLY tight-they didn't make it all the way around the diaper, but the dress covered it up well. 
Then I realized I forgot hair accessories so I took another picture:
Liam sported red...
this is Liam's "cheese" face
Where's Gavin??!??  Well, Gavin threw a bit of a tantrum right before we left home and I was afraid we'd be late so I forgot to take a picture of his outfit.  He matched Liam.

No comments: