Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gavin's Art/Craft Masterpiece

Today there was an "art class" at my mom's house.  Gavin and Isabel both participated.
Frankly, I don't know what this is supposed to be but they were very proud of their craft.
My mom said that after the cotton was glued around the circle, Gavin wanted to draw a "mano" (hand) in the middle.  Drawing his hands are one of his favorite things.  You can kind of see a hand outline, though it looks like he skipped a few fingers or lumped some together.  It is certainly one of a kind! :)  

Gavin seems to have a cold.  He's had a runny nose for about 4 days now.  Today when I picked him up from my mom's he was really whiny and clingy, which is not typical for him.  His voice was different and we could tell he was really congested- he couldn't even suck on his paci b/c he could not breathe well.  
I decided to call the new pediatrician to see if they would see him just in case.  Sure enough they said it was ok to go in as a walk-in- even though it was 3pm already.  We are so glad we changed pediatricians.  Since we didn't have an appointment I thought we'd have to wait for a while to be seen. But there was virtually no wait at all even though they don't even have his medical record from the old pediatrician yet (a whole different story- one that I'm still upset about but will get resolved tomorrow for sure).  
The good news is that Gavin does not have any infections and everything seems to be clear.  He had a temperature of 100F but they said that's fine and we don't even need to give Tylenol.  It seems it's just the start of a viral thing and we just need to let it ride.  Now we know he's not in pain- I was afraid he had a sore throat b/c his voice was so scratchy and he didn't want to eat much but that's not the case.  Hopefully, he'll be back to normal in a couple of days.  

1 comment:

Mary Fryman Guittar said...

Such a nice picture. Grandpa Ron can put it in a nice frame for a forever keeper. I was thinking of Gavin tonight and sent you an e-mail wondering about his health. I just had a feeling he was a little under the weather. Great job Gavin! Maybe a budding artist! Or just a great imagination!