Monday, September 13, 2010

A good day indeed

This little gift was on the counter for me from Nick.  Today I got a letter saying that I passed my theory comprehensive exam and I'm ecstatic!  That's the exam that I dreaded.  That's the exam that literally kept me from applying to the PhD program...because I never thought I'd pass it.  but I DID IT!  I am in shock still and I want to tell the world- which is why I'm writing a post about it.  I love the card that Nick got me because this is exactly how I felt.  I went through every single stage.  
I know the gift seems trivial/stupid but if you know me as a student- I color code all of my notes and agenda appointments and I only write in colored markers.  I have been complaining that I was running out of ink on my favorite colors so Nick got me a new set- with different tips so I can use them for my notes or for labeling.  I love back to school time b/c I love shopping for school supplies.  Markers are my absolute favorite accessory so I love this gift....I know I'm a geek....but did I mention I outright PASSED my theory exam!?!??!  :)  

No comments: