Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday Family Day

We love Sunday family days- just Nick, Gavin and I around the house without any plans.  We went grocery shopping so that I could make our meals for the week.  We've been really bad lately about eating out b/c I haven't had the time to cook the meals.  It's getting rarer and rarer that we have a weekend with no plans and so I haven't been home long enough to make multiple meals for the week.
Funny story at the supermarket:
I had to get raisins for Gavin so as soon as he saw them he said "pasas" (raisins in Spanish) and of course he doesn't understand that you can't eat them until you've paid for them so he insisted "pasas, pasas".  I let him hold the bag thinking that would appease him but it didn't.  Then he said, "pasas, me!" and I ignored him so then he said loudly "YOU, pasas, ME!".  I was so amazed at his "sentence" that I had to open the bag and give him some.  He said it with a tone like "what don't you understand?  I want these!".  Then he was happy for the rest of the trip.

For the rest of the day we relaxed at home.  Did some coloring.  Blew bubbles outside. Played with helmets.  Danced to Mickey Mouse music.  And had a Mexican inspired dinner.
Here are some pics/videos of today:
Below: Gavin walked out of the house with his helmet on.  I'm trying to teach him that when we go to play outside he needs the helmet (because he usually rides his tricycle not b/c I'm being overly overprotective).  He's starting to warm up to it- although for very short periods of time.
Below: Gavin is happy b/c he's surrounded by bubbles (blown by daddy).  Side note: Thanks to Nick's friend Dan who sent Gavin this official Jingle Punk shirt- we love it.

Below: Gavin found my hard hat and was fascinated by it. 


  
I did something weird with you tube and now I can't find the code to embed the video so here's a video link of Gavin calling "abuela" (my mom) on the phone: 

No comments: