Saturday, September 27, 2008

16 weeks + 3 days

It's picture time again. I'm trying to take a picture every 4 weeks for the scrapbook of course.
I don't think I'm much bigger than the last picture. Nick says I just look rounder since now the top of my belly is almost even with the bottom. My grandmother reminded me today that women in our family haven't had big bellies until the very end so I shouldn't worry that I haven't grown much. My mom didn't "pop" until the 6th month.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming growth spurt. One of the pregnancy books also reminded me that just as there are developmental stages for a baby (e.g. when they should smile, hold a bottle, etc.) and those milestones might vary, there are variations within the womb. Yet another lesson I need to perfect before I give birth- PATIENCE! I'm used to things happening when I want them and this baby is already testing me by proving he/she will do things by their own clock. Nick and I are looking forward to the ultrasound just to again have peace of mind that all is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought it was the same pic as before...you do look more even. You look great, glowing!!! Tania