Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good Samaritan

This entry is not pregnancy related but I thought it deserved mention.
Nick and I were out and about shopping at Waterford Lakes. I don't like to carry a purse when we're out all day so I just took a very small UCF credit card/ID holder "wallet" that fits in my pocket easily. I went into Joann's and then to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. When we were at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I noticed I didn't have my little wallet. I thought I had left it in the car. When we were about to check out, Nick gets a message that someone found my wallet at Joann's. It was found on the floor so either it fell out of my pocket or I must have dropped it at some point. Everyone knows I tune everything out when I'm at Joann's scrapbooking section. :)

I was relieved but I thought "how did they get Nick's cell phone from my wallet?". The only thing that I had in this wallet was my ID, debit card, AMEX, health insurance cards, Costco card, and Baby's Banfield Rx food card. It was Baby's Banfield Rx card that saved me. It had Banfield's phone #, which the lady called to get my contact info. It's a good thing, Nick and I both are listed as "parents" for Baby because I was not carrying my cell phone (as usual on the weekends!). The lady had already left the Waterford Lakes shopping center but offered to come back and meet us at the Macaroni Grill parking lot. Five minutes later, I had my wallet in hand.
All of my cards where there along with the cash, a $5 bill.

The lady told Nick that she didn't leave it at the store because she didn't trust that they would get it to me or that everything would be there when I picked it up. I don't think they would've gone through the investigative work she did. I am thankful that there are still good people around! This day could've had an upsetting ending but thanks to the good deed of this family- all is ok.

No comments: