Wednesday, July 20, 2011

38 weeks + 1 day Update

Midwife appointment went well.  I'm still not swollen.  Liam has been pretty calm since yesterday so I thought he might have dropped and he did some.  My belly measured 1cm less this week so that means he's making his way down into the pelvis.
So, the stats so far are I am 2 cm dilated and about 70% effaced.  I checked the blog and on this same day with Gavin's pregnancy I had a Dr.'s appt and I was also 2 cm and 75-80% effaced --then I had Gavin 2 days later!  Kaleen (the midwife) said this is a good place to be.  We scheduled the appointment for next week.  With Gavin, at this point I was trying to do everything I could do induce labor but this time I am not rushing it.  I stopped and thought why would I do that?  I am sleeping really good each night and I'm not too uncomfortable so I think I should enjoy as much time as I can with just one child.  I spoke to Liam last night and told him, I'm ready when he's ready but to take as much time as he needs.  It will be what it will be! :)  

No comments: