Monday, July 4, 2011

Packing Fun

As you know we have spent the bulk of the last two days packing the house.  On Saturday when I went to put Gavin down for a nap, he noticed all of the wall pictures in his room were packed up along with his baby crib toys.  He said to me, "Where are my pictures?  I want my pictures" in a sad voice.  Then he looked at the crib toys and said "I need those in my bed", even though he doesn't play with them anymore.  I felt so bad, it's like his little world was crumbling down.  His little mind was probably so troubled by us messing with his stuff.  We will be sure to set up his room first in the next house so he feels at home right away.

Besides that, he is having some fun with all the boxes and packing materials.  Grandpa made him a "house" (more like a fort) with all the boxes and he played in it all day.  Gavin's imagination is so great.  He picked up these foam rectangles and went straight to his "box house" and said, "I have a gate".  In another video, he sets them on the floor and pretends they are railroad tracks...I like his multi-purpose thinking. :)
Here are a couple of videos of Gavin's packing fun:



Gavin likes to climb into the TV stand.  Do not worry there is a hole in the back and it's a pretty light door, so he can't suffocate or get stuck in there.



Side unrelated note:  A couple of days ago we were in the car and he asked to see his Cars book.  I gave it to him and all of a sudden Nick and I hear him say "Once upon a time there was a race...".  We just laughed because we still can't figure out how he knew to say that since none of the books that we read to him start out that way.

No comments: