Thursday, July 28, 2011

39 weeks + 2 days Midwife Appt.

Not much to report since last week.  I'm still at 2cm....maybe close to 3cm.  It's just a mind game from this point forward.  This pregnancy has been quite different from Gavin's in that we have so much more going on all at the same time.  I thought that would rush Liam out but maybe the opposite is happening.  Although as my mom and midwife reminded me today, he is not late yet by any means.  It's just that since I had Gavin at 38 weeks, it makes me think that he is late.
So, at this point we just wait.  I have had my moments in the past week but I feel like I'm now back into a happy place.  Like I said, it's a mind game.  I felt ready 2 weeks ago and then it didn't happen so then I crossed over into "worse case scenarios" and that wasn't good.  Now I'm trying to focus on the fact that I still have 2 more weeks until the absolute deadline.  I'm allowed to go until 42 weeks without "medical" intervention so that made me feel more at ease.  Plus, my midwife assured me I am "progressing" even though the numbers have not changed.  Liam is head down and he is engaged in the pelvis....which means she can make stuff happen if need be.  At this point, all she recommended was to start drinking the Red Raspberry Leaf tea to see if that triggers some contractions.  Since he is not late, there's no need for any other "interventions" at this point.  If I make it until next week's appointment then we'll start talking about some more serious things to trigger labor.
I think Nick has communicated to family and friends for all communication to go through him rather than me so that I don't go back to the "dark place".  I don't mind the asking how I'm doing so much as the unnecessary comments that people make.  The comments just put unnecessary pressure on me and Liam and do not contribute any positive energy to the situation.    
After talking to some people who went over their due date, they all had happy, big babies who were very laid back.  So, I'm hoping that's the case with Liam.  If he needs more time to develop and get comfortable in his own skin so that he can be a healthier baby then who are we to rush him.

Here are a few pictures of Gavin playing at the "Dr.'s office":

Gavin picked up the stethoscope and went straight to my belly and said "I gotta listen to Liam".   So cute!

On the phone with Winnie the Pooh.  "I'm good Pooh"


He LOVES this train table.  What is it with kids and train tables?  We're going to craiglist one in SC so he has something special when we move to the new house.  

 

No comments: