Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gavin's an assertive 2 year old

On Friday, my mom and Gavin came with me to the hair salon so I could get my haircut-- get it cut to donate.  I will post the before and after pictures later since they're on my mom's phone.
Anyhow, the hairstylist was running late so we were running out of time with Gavin's attention span.  We went through all the snacks we brought and the toy cars so eventually my mom turned to her Iphone for entertainment.  At that point there was another customer who brought her 5 year old boy with her and he sat next to Gavin while waiting for his mom.  Gavin and him got along quite well.  I could hear them having a conversation around whatever Diego show they were watching.  It was quite cute.  However, at some point the 5 year old boy thought he could manipulate the 2 year old into giving him the Iphone and he asked Gavin if he could have it and Gavin said "No, it's my turn" and then later I think I heard him ask for another show and Gavin said "No, I like this one".
Eventually, Gavin got what he wanted and when he was satisfied he then told the boy "It's your turn now" and let him pick a show.  I am not surprised that he stood his ground.  After all, a 2 year old wants what he wants but I was proud that he stood his ground politely and that he eventually let the boy have a turn.  

No comments: