It was a fun and productive Sunday here. This morning we opened up our Easter packages from each set of grandparents that came in the mail earlier in the week.
I feel like I should explain why Gavin is wearing Christmas pijamas--we had a cold front the last two nights and those were the only fuzzy,warm pj's that were clean. :)
 |
| They like their pinwheels |
 |
| Liam really likes the crunchy sound of the paper |
The picture below also needs an explanation. For those of you who don't know, Nick's dad- Ron- had hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago. Gavin has sent his grandparents drawings and crafts he's made and here, Grandpa returned the gesture by coloring a page for Gavin. So funny! :)
 |
| He knew exactly what was on this bag without seeing it. |
In the bag was "Dirt track McQueen"- the car that he had let Grandpa borrowed during his surgery recovery. Gavin said "It's just perfect".
Now to the box from Abuela...
When Gavin saw the Cars box he automatically pulled it out. Nothing in the box was labeled with a name since my mom said we would be able to figure it out. Instead we played a little trick on Gavin. We told him the Cars were for Liam. He looked so puzzled. He kept saying "No, I don't think so."
Even Mama and Daddy got stuff!
Then the Easter basket from our house.
 |
| Some bubbles |
 |
| Dinosaur shaped erasers. Ever since Gavin discovered he can erase mistakes if he uses a pencil, he's obsessed with erasers. It now takes him forever to write his name because he erases the letters if they're not to his liking. |
 |
| Fun glasses |
Then it was time for our very own Easter egg hunt in our backyard. These eggs did have "prizes" inside. They each had a quarter inside...not really because of the money but because Gavin has been collecting the quarters from each state for a couple of months. It's a hobby. I've been meaning to post pictures of him "in action". When he gets a quarter, he gets his magnifying glass and looks at the quarter with his magnifying glass to try to figure out which state it's from. Sometimes he figures it out by the picture on the back and sometimes he looks at the letters and figures it out that way. If it's one he doesn't have yet, then he takes it to the map and pegs it where it goes. If it has an eagle then he says "It's an eagle" very sadly and then takes it to his "guitar bank". So,earlier in the week I went to the bank to pick up a roll of quarters to see if we could get a couple more that he is still missing. Now he's only missing 5 of them (Tennessee and Alaska off the top of my head).


 |
| Liam just looks at Gavin (he had just woken up from his nap) |
 |
| Trying to blow bubbles. He's never really been able to do it on his own.....until TODAY! |
 |
| SO happy and proud he was able to blow bubbles on his own |
 |
| Michigan! Out of the entire roll of quarters, we found 2 of the missing quarters. |
Gavin had fun playing with all his goodies. I didn't think to take any pictures while we were out in the backyard planting seeds. Gavin really enjoys gardening with me. We planted some basil, cilantro, carrots, broccoli and collards. The broccoli we planted a few weeks ago is doing well so far.
While Gavin and Liam played with Nick in the living room, I cooked some meals for the week. I only got through 3.5 dinners for the week. Last week I did 4 meals and it lasted all the way through Thursday so that was great. Typically, I cook a few meals and then Nick starts eating them the same day and they're all gone by Wednesday. So, the fact that we made it an extra day last week was great.
Gavin ate really well today so I made him dessert.....Apple Nachos! This is our (Gavin and I's) favorite treat- it's a Pinterest idea. Cut apples, peanut butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, drizzle with agave (or honey), semi-sweet chocolate chips and a couple of dried cranberries since they're Gavin's favorite dried fruit. He thinks it's a special dessert and I love it because it's still "healthy" for him.
1 comment:
Very cute! and BTW, Sawyer wears his Christmas PJs all the time.
Post a Comment