Note: I wrote this post back in February and I just realized I never actually posted it. Since Gavin has found many more quarters and he actually only has 3 more to find before he completes his map. I won't say which ones he's missing because I want him to find them and not be given to him. I love how he is so into this that every time we get change, he asks to see the quarters to see if it's one that he needs
Nick introduced Gavin to the "coin map", as he calls it, which is the map of the United States where you can put the quarters on each state. Gavin loves this map and he just loves looking at the coins and figuring out where they go and gets excited when he gets to fill in a missing piece. It's a win-win for him because if they are duplicates then he just gets to put them in his 'guitar bank' (we can't call it a "piggy" bank because it's in the shape of a guitar so Gavin corrects us if we say "piggy").
It's very cute to watch him with his magnifying glass, studying the back of each quarter to figure out what state it's from. Some states he guesses based on the figure and then other times I've heard him say the letters he sees and then he'll say states that begin with the first letter. Because he learned the states from his floor puzzle, once he knows the name of the state on the back of the quarter, he just places the quarter exactly where it belongs (except those states that are too small for quarters)
No comments:
Post a Comment