We got there around 10am since Liam decided to sleep in until 9am today. By the time we got there most goods had been sold but I could see myself buying a few things here every week. We walked around downtown Matthews- it's small and cute. There's a hardware store that is huge and was hopping. They sell every seed I could ever imagine- if you want a vegetable/fruit seed, there's a wall full of jars with every variation for every veg/fruit. It's pretty nice. [Ron- we will take you there when you come visit. It's the kind of place we see you spending hours looking at all the stuff.] I walked behind the store and found the chickens- the hens lay fresh eggs and I think they sell them there too.
Gavin enjoyed watching the rooster and the hens. I took the picture below so Nick could use it in his gender class....the "boy" is the only one with a name ("Better Boy") and the hens which are the ones that produce eggs get no names.
After we came home to eat lunch and then headed out to the Easter Eggstravaganza at Gavin's favorite park. I didn't know what to expect but it was a really great event. There were bounce houses, music, and of course, the Easter Egg Hunt with 18,000 eggs!!! We intended to pick up Gavin's Easter basket when we came home for lunch but with all the rush we forgot it. So, Gavin had to pick up eggs with his monkey lunch bag that I always keep in the car with snacks. I felt worse than he did about this- he did not care at all as long as he could pick up eggs.
Liam was enjoying watching everyone/everything around him.
Waiting for his turn at the bouncehouse.
After climbing all the way to the top all by himself, he was so proud but then he was scared to come down.
As you can see, it's pretty high up.
So, a teen volunteer helped Gavin out and came down with him.
So happy!
Gavin bouncing. It was great that they had a bounce house set aside just for pre-schoolers.
Waiting patiently for the egg hunt.
They had four giant square roped off areas- one for each age group. Gavin was with the under 5 group. Nick lined up with Gavin and I stayed back with Liam. I didn't realize how crazy it was going to get once they lifted the rope. Nick was smart and he took Gavin all the way to the other end of the square so he could pick eggs by himself.
The gates open... madness begins.
| Such hard work! |
| Starfish egg....special one |
| These are "For Isabel".... he still misses his cousin. :) |
| "I need to open these eggs"....as he looks for a spot to sit down |
| You can almost see the smirk as he realizes there's candy inside the eggs |
1 comment:
It looks like a good time was had by all. It was nice to see a helping hand for Gavin at the slide.
Post a Comment