Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gavin's "zoo" has expanded

Nick blogged about Gavin's imaginary dog, Woobster.  He is a super dog that talks. You should know that Woobster traveled with us on the plane to New Orleans, he was in our hotel room and walked around New Orleans on a leash.  While in New Orleans, Woobster also gained some friends.  Gavin now has FOUR imaginary dogs and their names are: Woobster, Yu-zu, Pella and Pella-tella.  Gavin has been rhyming a lot so the last name, Pella-tella, I think came up when we were doing a rhyming game sequence.  He asks me all the time, "what rhymes with?" and we'll go back and forth until we can't come up with anymore words.

Anyhow, for the most part the dogs are fun and don't bother us too much but on Thursday we were running late to art class and Gavin insisted he could not get into the car yet because Woobster needed to go out and make pee-pee.  I told him he didn't need to and he yelled back "YES, HE DOES!" so I told him Woobster had 3 seconds to make pee-pee.  Gavin walked Woobster to the grass, holding the leash, and waited until Woobster was done.  On most days, I play along but there are other times when I'm just not in the mood.  Nick got upset when Gavin used Woobster as an excuse for his behavior.  We were in the car and he screamed "Boo!" so loud it scared Liam.  When we asked him to not do that again, he said it was not him, it was Woobster that said it because he likes to say Boo! to people.  So we had a talk about how the sound came from Gavin's mouth and he can't make those loud noises.
Hopefully there won't be any more dogs or other imaginary friends in the near future.  I think we're max'd out.

P.S. I did find out where the name Woobster came from.  Woobster is Super Why?'s super dog.  I still have no clue where the others came from.  

P.S.S.  While in New Orleans, we lost one of Gavin's bedtime buddies- the black dog puppet from IKEA named Top-Top (still my favorite name of them all).  We went to IKEA yesterday to replace him and they don't sell them anymore! :(   Luckily, Gavin has not asked about him yet.  He's too busy keeping up with the imaginary dogs I guess.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy :) Hey, how is the potty training going? And, when do you have time to do school work with all of this :)