Saturday, November 1, 2008

21 weeks + 3 days

Today was the inaugural RunNona 5K race. Cara convinced me that this should be the baby's first 5K race. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure about running a 5K- not because it's unsafe to do during pregnancy but because I wouldn't be able to know if the baby was in "distress" since I don't feel him that much to begin with. This made me question whether it was safe for me to run it. Last weekend I jogged/walked close to 3 miles very slowly and I felt fine during and after. I think I actually walked faster than I jogged. So, I thought I'd give the 5K a shot (mostly for scrapbooking purposes "Baby's first 5K").

To make a long story short (I'll try), after a serious of computer and human glitches, I was not registered for this race. I woke up this morning with the intention of registering on site. Nick delayed our ETD so we were late and by the time I got to the race, day of registration was closed. On our way to the race, it was sprinkling which is never a good thing. Nick and I were both in a pissy mood by the time we got there so I decided to head back home and do my own 5K around my neighborhood.

I did take a picture while I was close to the race start just for blogging purposes.

I am very superstitious when it comes to races and there were too many signs telling me not to do this race. I still came home and fast-walked 3 miles. Nick even came with me. By the time we drove home, the wind had calmed down a bit and it wasn't raining so it was actually really nice weather for a walk.

1 comment:

Mary Fryman Guittar said...

YES STEPHANIE, VERY WISE TO FOLLOW ALL THE SIGNS IN A RACE, EVEN IF ITS A SIGN NOT TO RACE.
STILL YOU DID DO 3 MILES AND ALL WAS WELL AND NICK GOT SOME EXERCISE TOO!

LOVE,
MARY-MOM