Weekly Update:
1. Picture:
2. This week Nick and I "graduated" from hypnobirthing class. Would I recommend this class? Depends on the person. If you are the kind of person that has the discipline to read a book and follow through with the directions, then you don't need to spend the money on the class. I don't regret taking it because at least now I know what it was like. If I hadn't taken it, it would've always been in the back of my mind.
3. I'm now 15 weeks out from "delivery date" if all goes well. Since I've compared pregnancy and labor to marathon training and race day, this means that this is GO time. Most marathon training programs are 16 weeks long. Therefore, I have created my "training" schedule accordingly. I can see how this might be just like marathon training in that at first you're really excited, then you get tired of the exercises and think you have time to make it up, and then it gets to the single digits and you freak out because you didn't do all that you were supposed to do. Hopefully, the fact that I'm writing this means that I'll be able to avoid this.
4. Last week, our friend Tim started painting a tree on one of the walls in Gavin's room. Our nursery theme is jungle-y so I thought a "tree of life" would be a neutral mural to have for now and as he grows older.
This is the before picture:
I really wanted to paint the room a light green color but when the opportunity for the tree mural came up, I thought the existing yellow was a fitting background for it. I'm still unsure whether I will paint the rest of the walls or leave them as is.


Thanks to Tim for taking the time to do this on his vacation to Orlando. Gavin will enjoy this for years to come.
By the way, the monkey is not painted on the wall. This was a plush monkey that belonged to Tim. Since Tim knew Nick and I were looking into monkeys for the room, he made it part of the mural (by nailing him to the tree).
2 comments:
You look beautiful, and the room is precious. I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Although you and Nick have been blessed in your careers, marriage, and many other things...the best blessing is on it's way. By the way I love the name Gavin.Tania
I LOVE IT!!! TIM YOU DID GREAT!! THE HOUSE ALSO LOOKS FESTIVE AND WELCOME. I KNOW WE WILL BE STOPPING BY THOUGH THE HOLIDAYS. SOON THE NESTING PERIOD WILL HIT YOU. I KNOW THE MONTH BEFORE MY DUE DATE, I WENT INTO A FURRY OF CLEANING----NESTING.
LOVE,
MARY-MOM
Post a Comment