For the past 3 days I've been staying at my mom's house because Nick is in New Orleans at a sociological conference. I was hoping I would be able to catch up on sleep during this time but I haven't. Even though my mom has been waking up at night to feed/change Gavin, I don't feel rested at all. I'm so sleepy. I shouldn't be but I am and I don't know exactly why unless it's "old sleep deprivation." Anyhow, I'm hoping to take a nap tomorrow before I go back home and hopefully I can feel better.
Today I got my haircut. The lady getting her haircut across from me was talking about she was on a diet but she hadn't lost any weight. She thought going to get her haircut would make her feel better about herself. I was there hoping for the same. It's not really the weight (the number) that was keeping me down but the fact that I have nothing to wear but maternity clothes- and they're just not as cute when there's no belly. I didn't think I would have NOTHING to wear after giving birth. It makes sense but the thought just didn't occur to me. I did not budget for a new wardrobe post-partum. Yesterday, I went through my mom's closet to see if I could find some bottoms that would fit me. The sad thing was that my mom would say "these are loose on me, I think they'll fit you". My mom and I are now the same weight but we carry it a little bit differently. I think I'm wider in the hips than she is so it is difficult to fit in her pants. I was able to find 3 pairs of casual capris pants that fit me. That was enough to make me feel better- I now have SOMETHING to wear that's not maternity.
Has anyone ever lost 25 lbs before??? If so, how long did it take you and how did you do it? I can't just diet, I need to work it out because exercise is my drug. It doesn't matter if I have cellulite and I'm 25 lbs heavier, the days that I work out I feel good about myself. I'm aiming to be "back" by the end of July. I'm not expecting to be back to 12olbs but I want to be able to fit into some of my clothes by then.
My first post-partum 5K race is on 4/25, the day before my birthday. I don't have a goal time, I just want to mostly run it and finish it. That's my birthday present to myself.
Anyone want to join me?
1 comment:
Hi Stephanie,
I have lost 25 pounds before (more than once actually because I'm a total yo-yo dieter). I think it took 3-4 months so July is totally a possibility for you especially since you're a good exerciser. Our next 5k is on April 25th also. Good luck!
Post a Comment