Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday


Gavin celebrated his first Easter Sunday with the Gonzalez family- Grandpa, Grandma, Great-Grandma, Aunt Evelyn and others. Nick, Gavin, and I had coordinating outfits on (plaid shorts and polo shirts) including sunglasses!
The Easter bunny visited Great Grandma and Aunt Evelyn's house. The Easter bunny knows that Gavin's room is jungle themed so he matched the Easter eggs- they're animal shaped.
Nick and I helped Gavin out by opening up the eggs to see what treats were inside. Gavin could hold on to his candy pretty well- he was double fisted!

His grip is much better on the right hand so maybe he is right handed after all.
P.S. I want to thank everyone who sent us Easter cards. That was a really nice gesture and I will be scrapbooking Gavin's first Easter cards. This also reminded us that we should probably start reciprocating the gesture. Nick and I are terrible with mail or with little details like that. I feel terrible about this because I have some friends who are really good at it and I'm not sure if they feel like I don't care. I DO! I really do. This is something that I HAVE to work on.
While on the subject, when is it too late to send birth announcements? Nick and I joke that birth announcements will be passed out at Gavin's 1st birthday to those who attend since we can't seem to get our act together and we'll never get them mailed out.
P.S.S. I still owe some people thank you cards for gifts. This is a prime example of what I just mentioned. I am so grateful to everyone for every little thing they gave to Gavin. Each time Gavin wears an outfit, I think of who gave it to him and I'm grateful. I just forget to actually tell the people. So in case I don't get around to it this year....
Tania- Thank you for the little bathing suits you sent Gavin. I actually have a picture of him wearing it that I am meaning to send to you (by email of course!).
Christy- Thank you for the rattles and the star studded "Kelly Slater" onesie. I love it so much, I bought a shirt to match it. I'll have a picture of that for you too! Also, if you saw the previous post you see that Gavin likes his rattles.
Nancy- thank you for the Baby Einstein stuff. Gavin loves them!
Cyndia- thank you for the "azabache" bracelet. It will keep Gavin safe from harm.
And also...
Grandma Mary- thank you for everything you do. all the cards and all the little details you put in everything you do to make things special
Mom- thank you for all your help! you've been great to us through this whole process and I'm eternally grateful.

No comments: