Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to work...

Today was a pretty great day. I slept well, worked a little, worked out, and got Gavin into bed by 8pm. I got a full night’s sleep thanks to Nick who offered to take care of Gavin through the night so I could be able to function at work. Today was my first day back at work- a ½ day to start out with. I’m happy to be back at work. Even though I didn’t spend as much time with Gavin, I had a good day. I know this is only my first day back at work but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Work kept me busy enough where I didn’t dwell on “I wonder what he’s doing right now”. Plus, I don’t need to worry- he is in good hands with my mom. I’d like to think he doesn’t miss me as much during the day since my mom gives him constant attention while he’s awake. I just hope that he saves all the major milestones (first word, steps, etc) for when Nick and I are with him.
I had my 6 week check-up this morning and all restrictions have been lifted. I’m free to do as I please. I asked the doc about the minor discomforts I’ve had after working out and the answer was “well, that’s to be expected”. He said technically I am fully healed by 6 weeks but little things here and there might still be bothersome. I asked if I could hurt anything by working out/weight lifting and he said no so I will push through!
I went to the gym after work. I did 30 min cardio and 30 min w/weights. I didn’t want to stop but then I reminded myself that no matter how hard I worked out, the weight is not miraculously coming off after just one workout. It felt great to be all sweaty at the gym.

When I arrived at my mom’s, Gavin was fed and bathed. Just perfect. I changed his diaper, had dinner myself, and packed up to go home. My goal is to be able to continue to put Gavin in bed by 8pm. I was afraid that going back to work would throw him off but today we DID IT!

1 comment:

Nick said...

As I've said time and again. . . You're an extraordinary machine!