Sunday, January 4, 2009

30 weeks + 4 days

Yesterday I felt what I think were Braxton Hicks contractions. I had two of them. They were hours apart and both lasted about a minute or less. These were not what I would call painful but it was definitely a contraction- slightly stronger than a menstrual cramp. I wish real contractions were as manageable as these. I took a few deep breaths and I could tune it out.

I hope I get a few more of these practice contractions in the next few weeks. I've learned that as soon as I feel discomfort I tense my facial muscles. During the relaxation exercises I've worked really hard on relaxing my face because then everything else seems to follow. As soon as I felt discomfort yesterday, I took a deep breath and relaxed my face. They really weren't strong enough for me to say it alleviated the pain but they served as pratice for my associations, discomfort= breathe and relax facial muscles. This is why I'm wishing for more Braxton Hicks.

The birth plan is complete. I am presenting it to the Dr. on Tuesday. The Dr. had requested a one page birth plan because he said it would be easier for the nurses to abide by it. He's had women present 4 page birth plans and he said it's just too cumbersome and it ends up being overlooked. I've stuck to the one page request. I hope he understands my logic and reasoninng behind my requests. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the absolute must-haves that I'm not willing to compromise on so there's not much room to negotiate. We'll see what happens.

No comments: