Today was Dr. appt day. My mom came with me for this one. Nick said this doesn't count as an absence on his part since he was willing and able to go but I told him to stay (the exam room is not that big). Every Dr.'s appt at this point follows the same protocol: 1. Measure belly, 2. Measure baby's heart rate and 3. Any questions?
So here's the update:
Weight gain: ZERO! I did not gain any weight since the last Dr.'s appointment (2 weeks ago).
Belly measurements: 33 cm; belly grew 2 cms which means that the lack of weight gain is not a problem. Dr. said as long as the baby is growing it's ok.
Gavin's Heart Rate: 150's, it's been steady for a while
Questions:
Q1. Should I stop doing squats? Will squats induce early labor? (as a result of the gym incident last week)
Doc: Squats will not induce labor (I guess otherwise every woman not progressing would be told to do squats). However, if you're having discomfort or contractions afterwards then don't do them.
Q2: What is the baby's current position and what is putting all the pressure on my left leg? Baby's head feels like it's 2 inches to the left of where it should be.
Doc: Baby's head is down, facing back. You perceive it to be 2 inches to the left of the center but it's where it should be. The baby's head is big and it's sitting on top of the pelvic bone. Some days you might perceive it to be more on the left and others more on the right but it's still relatively in the same place. The pressure is due to blood flow and baby's head pressure.
I guess I'll continue to do child's pose (yoga position) to move him when he gets stuck in the spot that puts pressure on my leg. I've had to reposition him twice in the last 4 days.
Other than that, all has been well. I've had a few more Braxton Hicks. My soreness is almost all gone. I won't be doing anymore squats, just in case! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment