Friday, January 9, 2009

31 weeks + 2 days

This morning I'm reminded of the insurance commercial that shows different people saying "you know the point where.... I'm there". Well, for the women reading the blog who have given birth before... you know the point where you can't get comfortable and you get up to pee and you can't go back to sleep, I'M THERE!!!
EVERY day this week has been a 3:30am or 4am wake-up day. I go to bed around 10pm or 11pm, depending on what's on TV, and I get up once to pee sometime before 3:30am. I'm always able to go back to sleep after this but when it comes to the 2nd bathroom break, I can't get comfortable. I try every position possible- even child's pose (like fetal position but on your belly rather than sideways). Then I feel hungry, I try to ignore it, I get nauseous and Gavin starts moving so I have to get up. I'll usually have a bowl of cereal, check my email and then lay on the couch. Sometimes I'm able to catch some sleep on the couch in 15 minute intervals. Other times I just lay there and practice my relaxation.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, if that pressure is down "there" that is a GOOD thing. Towards the end it will happen more and its the baby pressing on your cervix. I dilated to 4 cms a week before I had mine. It feels uncomfortable and will feel worse but it is a GOOD thing. It means you are getting close!!! Congrats. Oh and look up Evening Primrose Oil. You can swallow and um, insert it and will soften the cervix. Just don't advertise that to your doctor, they think its some sort of hocus pocus thing.