I was so excited to go to the gym today because it had been one week since I had been last. I've been slacking on my squats lately so I knew I was going to do some tonight. I started with regular squats- did 3 sets and felt good. Moved on to plie squats (ballet style)- did 3 sets and felt good although some pressure in the pelvic area. I kept trying to remember the time the hypnobirthing instructor said we should stop doing squats because it could induce labor. I was sure it wasn't 32 weeks- maybe more like 35 weeks- so I kept going. I did some upper body in between and then decided to do some glutes. I got down on the floor mat, on all 4's to do some leg lifts. THAT was the moment when I felt it. The soreness I'd been feeling was back with a vengeance. I thought to myself, could I be hurting myself doing this? I couldn't think of how this position could be bad for me so I pushed through all 3 sets.
For some reason during the past week, I've felt like I would go into labor early- like February as Nick has predicted. I'm scared to do plie squats again (no more leg lifts for sure). The Dr. told me if I go into labor at 35 weeks, he won't do anything to slow it down. Ever since he said that, I've told myself I just need to get to 35 weeks. However, the fact that that's only 3 weeks away and right around the baby shower date scares me. I have to make it to 37 weeks because I'm not ready yet. Plus, I need time for whatever this soreness feeling is to go away. I hope it does! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment