I am very happy that all the holidays are over. Don't get me wrong I enjoy spending time with the family but all the chaos and late nights were throwing Gavin and I totally off. Now I understand why some parents are strict on a schedule for the baby. I wasn't myself on Christmas day because I didn't get to bed until 3am and didn't eat at my usual meal times. I was fighting sleep all day and my stomach was off. The same goes for New Year's Eve/Day. Given that next year we'll have a 9 month old, we will definitely be making adjustments to our holiday schedule so we spend time with family but we don't feel like we need a vacation after one night!
What's New?
1. We have chosen a stroller. The Inglesina Zippy is our final answer. All of that research and playing just to come up with my original choice. As Nick said, I was sold on it from the beginning. I feel like a can write a book on stroller reviews- granted I'd just be regurtitating what the other reviewers said. I won't bore you with the details but if anyone who reads this is interested in a Peg Perego, Chicco, Combi, or Inglesina stroller, I can give you a condensed review on any of their models.
2. Choosing a stroller means that we've also chosen a carseat. The Zippy is only compatible with the Graco Snugrider or the Compass I420 and since the Compass is hard to find, we've chosen the Graco Snugrider. Although I don't care for the Graco brand, this car seat has received good ratings and has good customer reviews so we'll give it a shot. The bad thing about the Graco is their lack of good designs. They stick with the cutesie, baby-ish designs that I don't care for. Even their solid color choices are weak-they all seem to look more girly than boyish to me. I can sacrifice style for function- I guess :)
3. I have a baby shower scheduled for January 31st, 2009 at 1pm. I am looking forward to this. Even though I'm not a shopper, the thought of me being only 10 weeks out from my due date and not having any of the major items makes me a little uneasy. Everyone has told me not to buy anything until after the baby shower so I'm following their advice but it's hard. I've just been working on finalizing my registry- which I still feel like I'm missing stuff. I feel so clueless when it comes to baby stuff. It's hard to figure out quantities of stuff I need. How many bottles do I need? How many blankets, onesies, diaper pad covers??? I'll learn soon enough.
4. I weighed myself at my mom's house on New Year's Eve and I weighed 151lbs. This means that I have surpassed the suggested weight gain of 35 lbs- and I still have 10 weeks to go. I'm pretty sure my total weight gain at the end will be 50+ lbs.
5. The weight gain has prompted me to start scheduling my race schedule for 2009. Gavin will probably do his 1st 5K in May. Ideally, I would like to do two 1/2 marathons in the Fall but I'll be happy with one. I don't think I'll be able to train for a full marathon this year. It looks like I'm going to have a lot on my plate in the fall. I'm being ambitious as it is. Bring on the jogging stroller! :) Anyone care to join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment