Things that have been keeping me up at night lately:
1. Thoughts that the baby is breached
2. Thoughts that when the big moment comes, I won't be able to push him out
3. My current diet and the fact that I haven't taken a pre-natal vitamin in weeks (I keep forgetting)
4. Overwhelming thoughts that I have left everything for the last minute.
5. The NURSERY!!!
6. Post-partum diet and exercise routine
I shouldn't say these things have kept me up at night but they've shortened my sleep time or have delayed me falling asleep. For the last couple of days, I've been concerned that the baby flipped and is now feet down. There's a big bulge by my ribs and I can't figure out if it's a butt or a head. I also have a hard time telling where he's kicking/punching because it all feels like morphed movements (slow motion). I don't stress too much about this until I think of #6. If the baby is breached and I need a c-section, that would really set me back on my "getting back in shape" plans. I'm being vain and selfish- I know!
#2, deep down I can get over this one.
#4 is getting better. Last weekend, Nick and I picked up a few items from my friend, Christina. She saved a lot of the baby items she used for her little one. Lucky me! I have inherited a crib, changing table, pack-n-play, high chair, other small items including a diaper bag- all in excellent condition. We set-up the pack n play in our bedroom. I thought it would make things feel more "real" once I saw it next to our bed but it really didn't.
#5....I am so fickle when it comes to decor, especially paint colors. I'm struggling with the nursery because we really haven't done anything to it other than have Tim paint the tree on the wall (which I now wish was on a different wall). I never really cared for the yellow color in the room. Nick picked it out 4 years ago when he decorated the guest room in a polynesian theme. The yellow was great for that theme but it's not a great color when you take all the tiki stuff out. I wanted to paint the nursery a light green so it'd be tranquil. However, I didn't pick out a paint color early in the pregnancy because I thought I had time. Then we had Tim paint the tree on the wall. I love the tree and I would not paint over it but every week I walk into the room thinking "how can I paint around the tree?". Then I walk out because I realize it will take me weeks to do it and it's too close to the due date. I would rather not like the color and have a room that looks finished that have the baby come into a 1/2 @**ed room. We've decided to paint the rest of the nursery green in hopes that it will mellow out the yellow behind the tree. I've chosen the color and sometime in the next couple of weeks, Nick will be painting. I know it's a little late to have paint odors in the nursery but we're keeping the baby in our room at first so I don't foresee a problem even if he comes early. Honestly, as simple and as stupid as it sounds, as soon as the nursery is decorated I will feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
On #6, I can't say that it's keeping me up at night but I'm certainly fantasizing a lot about it. I have grandiose plans for once I have the baby. I keep thinking of all the things I can do while I'm home (cardio fit on FitTV, put my bike on a stand and train on it, weight training). Plus, I've decided that after having the baby I'm going to watch what I eat. My family thinks I eat healthy because I'm thin but I really have never been one to watch what I eat. I usually eat whatever I want and then go work it out. From what I hear, I don't think I'll have it that easy once I have the baby. Therefore, I'm thinking of ways that I want to change my eating habits. For example, I want to start eating real breakfast rather than drinking an Ensure. I want to eat more "brown" foods and eat more fish. I want to go back to my routine of cooking multiple meals on Sunday and freezing them for the week. I think that's the only way I'll be able to keep it up since my schedule may be even more hectic. And of course, I definitely want to have a workout routine that I feel good about.
Things to look forward to in the next week:
* Dr.'s appt tomorrow- hopefully he'll tell me if Gavin is breached or not
* Baby shower on Saturday
* Hospital tour and pre-admission docs on Monday
No comments:
Post a Comment