I just fried an egg for the first time in my life. In fact, I fried two eggs. I know this sounds weird but I have never fried anything before. This doesn't mean I don't eat fried foods, I just don't fry at home. Prior to last week, I thought I only liked my eggs scrambled. This changed when last week I had a spanish style breakfast sandwich- ham and cheese on cuban bread with a fried egg in the middle. It was absolutely amazing. So amazing that I haven't stopped thinking about it. Tonight, I got home at 9pm and I just didn't feel like making dinner food so I thought I'd attempt to recreate the yummy-ness from last week. Not the same but close. I had never tried to fry an egg before because I was afraid I would pull out the egg before it was cooked all the way and I HATE seeing a runny egg. But that didn't happen. I'm afraid this is the beginning of a bad habit.
I can't believe I wrote a whole paragraph about a fried egg sandwich. Was this the highlight of my day? No. Actually, even though I had a long day at work, it was a rewarding one. Today I created budgets for 3 families who will "graduate" from our program and move to permanent housing in March. I've worked with this group of women for over a year and to see them be this close to being stable on their own made my day.
I'm tired...til next time.
1 comment:
Fried egg sandwiches have been a staple in our home for many years. John Tesh says to use sourdough more often due to the ingredients to make it sour. That it helps to eat away bad stuff. So if you like sourdough, maybe try that, and Cracker Barrel has some of the best loafs.
Congrats to the graduating ladies and to their helpful, loving, directors.
Love,
Mary
Post a Comment