Thursday, February 5, 2009

35 weeks + 1 day

Today I came home to a stroller in my kitchen. Nick spent the evening putting it together. We unpacked the car seat and now have our travel system all in place. I love it.
Here are some pictures of the much talked about Inglesina Zippy stroller:
The Zippy has an amazing canopy- it actually comes all the way down to the bar. The bar is actually only used while we use it with the car seat. Later we'll switch the bar to the tray where Gavin can keep his cup and snacks. I got a good deal on the internet on this stroller and it came with the footmuff, rain and bug cover.
The best thing is that it folds using one hand and it's really compact so it doesn't take up the entire trunk. It's really light too! Can you tell that I love this stroller?!?!

The car seat is the Graco Snugride. I've scheduled a car seat inspection on Tuesday. A certified car seat inspector will teach me how to properly install the car seat in my car. I have no clue how to install the car seat in either of our cars since we both have older car models (pre-2002). Orange County only does these types of checks about once a month so Nick will be attending the March 10th check. We're cutting it close with his car but we only need one to be properly installed for the hospital ride home.

Since the Dr. has told me that if I go into labor after 35 weeks he wouldn't do anything to stop it, I figured I better start getting some of the final touches ready. By final touches I mean I've set up my twitter account and will soon post the pool for family and friends to predict stats on my labor. Twitter is a service where you sign up to receive updates either by the computer or by texts on your phone. I have sent out invites to my sister and friend to see how it works. I am new to this myself and only thought of doing it because Cara is doing it and I like the play by play updates. Once I have it down, I will post instructions for anyone who would like to receive the updates (e.g. "going to the hospital", "contractions are 2-3 mins apart", "hurts like hell", etc). I figured since only 3 people are allowed in the labor & delivery room, this is also a good way to keep those in the waiting room updated- so that Nick doesn't have to leave me to do so!

Here are some updated pics- we got a little creative with this one:


I'm big now. I can picture a baby in there!

No comments: