All pregnancy email newsletters say labor is imminent now so pack your bags. I'm not done packing my bags but I should have it done by the end of the weekend. I've always been a last minute packer and this is no different. People say, "what are you waiting for?". I think I'm waiting for my "plug" to come out- then I'll really know labor IS imminent. Although it doesn't always happen like that.
Anyhow, my mom came over on Thursday and we spent the day putting everything away in the nursery. It is so hard to get organized with all the little things. I chose not to buy a dresser for 3 reasons: 1. I thought it'd be a hazard down the road (e.g. tipping over on top of him) 2. Gavin's room is the smallest bedroom and I didn't want it to be cramped and 3. I'm not a dresser person-I'd rather hang stuff. I didn't take into consideration the amount of socks, hats, mittens, etc. that I would have to sort through. Oh, and I forgot blankets. It seems like this child has a blanket for every day of the month. I opted for some closet organizers. I'm hanging up all of the non-white onesies so I make sure to use them while he fits in that particular size. I bought a plastic 3 drawer container for the socks and other small accessories to put by the changing table.
The main "organizer" in the room is a 9 square cubical that I can fill in with baskets. Right now it has baby toys, some blankets, and non-essentials. As Gavin grows up, it will probably become just a toy organizer. The only thing missing from the room are the green window panels. It seems Target chose to discontinue the "Green Sailcloth" color just as I decided that was the perfect match to the valance. Urgh! But I should be able to get them online in time. I will post nursery room pics by the end of the day.
Here are some updated pregnancy pics taken this morning:
1 comment:
Hey I know it don't look like an 8 pounder yet, but you will bloom in these last couple weeks. (I think) I too have opted not to have a dresser and I know it can be done. Hang it and if you don't wear it, get rid of it.
Stephanie, you still are a beauty, maybe more so!
Love,
Mary-Mom
Post a Comment