I had my car seat installed today at a fire department car seat inspection event. I first learned about this service through my leadership class about 2 years ago. I underestimated how important this would be. Nick and I had not even attempted to install the car seat base into either of our cars. They only hold these events once a month so we decided that I would get my car done now and Nick could wait until March 10th.
It took about an hour for them to install the car seat base- incredible huh? Well, Nick and I had picked up a seat protector mat at BRU to protect the leather in my backseat. It turns out installing the car seat on top of this mat is very unsafe because it makes the base slide around (this may just happen w/leather seats). I learned that the car seat base should not move more than one inch if properly installed. When we installed the base on top of the mat, the base slid around way too much (4-6 inches). One of the firefighters told me to return the mat and get diapers instead- "those mats are just crumb collectors."
However, when we took the mat out it still wasn't safe because the leather was too smooth and it still made it slide around. The solution: rubberized cabinet liners (from the dollar store). They cut up a piece and placed it on my seat and voila- a very tight fit and no wiggling! That seat is not moving anytime soon. It was so hard to put it in place.
After the inspection, I came home to do some work. Lately I've been getting really sleepy in the early afternoons. My plan was to work from 11am-3pm until I had to leave for my Dr.'s appt. Well, I made it until 2pm and then it was just too difficult to keep my eyes open. I couldn't concentrate. I "clocked out" and went to the couch. It didn't take me long to fall into a deep sleep. I took an hour nap and felt so much better. I told Nick if I wasn't working I'd probably be the laziest pregnant woman ever because I feel like I can sleep all day.
The Dr.'s appointment went well. I've gained 5 lbs since last visit! So much for not gaining weight. I didn't gain any weight in 3 weeks and gained 5 lbs in one week. So that puts me right at the 40lbs mark. Gavin's heart rate is between 130-140- lower than it's been but still within the normal range. The Dr. gave me a kick count sheet for me to start tracking movements. I should start tracking tomorrow and continue until I check in at the hospital. I don't do so well with repetitive daily tasks so I hope I can remember to do this everyday. They gave me a free diaper bag- I love free stuff. I particularly love this bag because not only is it just plain black but it also has a gold tone trim around it so it looks like a UCF bag. It's Gavin's tailgating bag!!!
I'll find out the results from my Strep B test next week. I don't get "checked" until 38 weeks unless I start having contractions before then. All they checked for now is the baby's position- still head down facing my back. I have felt very crampy since last night but he said it's normal. I knew these were not contractions because they feel like menstrual cramps and didn't really go away.
After the Dr. appointment, I stopped at the maternity store to check on nursing bras. I've had it with my current bras, they are way too uncomfortable now. I am definitely bigger in every way, shape or form and now that the baby is bigger, I'm getting marks from my bra right below the chest. I haven't been in denial about my size but I just really didn't want to hear a quantified version of my size. It was inevitable. I asked to be sized and I was told to try on a 36D. I knew the D was coming. The lady said there should be some room leftover in the cup for when the milk actually comes. I tried on a few styles and the D just wasn't doing it. WTF?!?! EEEEEEEEEEE's, seriously!? They felt SO comfortable though. And I finally had no side cleavage! So, E it is. There could be worse things happening to my body so I'm grateful that's the only thing I'm complaining about.
No comments:
Post a Comment