Last night I came really close to saying "I'm done!". We went to bed at midnight. I woke up at 2am unbelievably nauseous. I had been dreaming that I had the burps I get when I'm really hungry and I guess my dream was just acting out what I was really feeling. I thought I was going to throw up as soon as I woke up.
I was never able to go back to sleep because of a sharp pain on the left side of my rib cage. I've had issues with bras lately and I pretty much have permanent chafing around my chest from bras rubbing/digging into my skin. It feels like the skin is raw except it doesn't look like it. I've learned to live with this since going braless is not an option. This pain was around the same area where the chafing is except that I have no idea what was causing it. I'm a left side sleeper and this pain was not allowing me to lay on the left at all. I felt one of Gavin's body part in the region but I couldn't tell if it was a foot, knee, or just a side of his butt. I didn't focus on it because there's just no way he could've kicked me hard enough to feel like it did. Since I was not able to get comfortable no matter what alternate position I tried and it being so difficult to reposition myself, it made me give up a bit and say- I want my body back to normal. I ended up surrendering to the couch and reading a book until 5:30am when Nick came out looking for me. I was not a happy camper.
I made a very ambitious to-do list for this Sunday. It included: grocery shopping, do thank you cards (I've already exceeded the 2 week etiquette rule), cook for the entire week, go buy curtains and an organizer for Gavin's room, pack the hospital bag, laundry, wash all of Gavin's newborn sized stuff, organize the nursery, vacuum my car and clean the leather seats in my car.
I didn't get to finish the nursery b/c I never made it to the store to buy the curtains and organizer but I did do everything else and had time for a nap in the afternoon. Needless to say, I'm done for the day.
I'm concerned about my sudden swelling of the feet and hands. I'm not sure if it's b/c yesterday and today were both busy days for me, if it's diet, lack of water OR something else. At one point my hands/feet were so swollen and I felt lightheaded. I considered driving to the CVS on the corner to check my blood pressure just to make sure I was ok. The lightheadedness went away after I ate so I just took a break from what I was doing. My hands and feet are still a little swollen. I'll make sure to mention it to the Dr. on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment