Sunday, February 8, 2009

35 weeks + 4 days

For the last couple of days, I've been experiencing what I lovingly call "Nick withdrawal" symptoms. Those of you who know me well, know that I am not the lovey-dubey, mushy type. I'm still not but I think my body/mind knows that Nick and I only have a few more weeks on our own. I don't want to be away from him. We're trying to spend as much quality time as we can given our schedules.

People have told me that having a child makes you fall in love with your partner all over again. I definitely feel like we're closer than we've ever been. When I stop to think about it, it's really cool to know that someone knows me as well as he does and vice versa. We have our own language and many times we don't even have to say a word- we just know what the other is thinking. I hope we're as good a team while I'm in labor as we are in everyday life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you really are getting mushy! Love ya, Christy

Nick said...

See, Steph, I do read your blog. I have to say. . . I'm a bit flattered. I often feel like this, but I just don't say it enough. The closer we get to your due date, the more I feel out of place when we're not together.

Anonymous said...

Que lindo!