Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 14

5 weeks and 5 days. Today I called the OB/GYN and left a message asking whether I should come in earlier than next week's appointment due to the spotting over the weekend. A nurse called me right back and said the Dr. was booked solid until Wednesday afternoon. Nick and I leave on vacation on Wednesday morning so that wasn't happening. I told the nurse that I was really ok waiting until next week- I just wanted to make sure that was ok. She basically did a phone consult and she said I should be fine. It probably was just the implantation bleeding. I didn't doubt the nurse but I felt I wanted a little more of a confirmation. So I called the PCP to do a consult as well. He didn't say anything different so I'm ok going on vacation and waiting until next week's appointment.

Today I got a craving for potato salad for lunch which I fulfilled. Then I was nauseous to no end. It's 8:30pm and I'm still nauseous! I still wanted more potato salad for dinner even though I still felt like crap. I also craved a boiled egg. Yuck. I did not fulfill that one.
Also, today for the first time in a very long time, I felt fat. I think it's mental but I feel like my belly is a huge roll of fat. I wouldn't mind if it was hard but it just feels flabby. I haven't gained a single pound- as of last Friday. After this weekend and all the junk food I ate I think I might have gained weight but not related to pregnancy at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the cravings Mary had. Lots of fun as I enjoyed them as much as she did.
I did have to adjust to emotional differences day to day. Not bad, just different than what i was used to.