Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 2

July 2nd, 2008- I worked all day without even thinking about the night before. I didn't want to think about it because, at this point, the positive result was not real to me at all. I'm afraid I'll sound cold and feelingless when people read this but I just don't feel anything.

On this day, Nick and I were going to spend the night at my parents b/c our cable is out and we wanted to watch the Olympic swimming trials and our fav show So You Think You Can Dance. On my way home, I texted Nick to go pick up a pregnancy test for me so I could take it again. I was dreading this because I certainly didn't want my parents to suspect anything.

I got home and Nick had purchased the most expensive electronic pregnancy test there is (whereas I would've purchased the generic cheap version). I wanted to do it asap, I stood there while Nick read me the instructions. He asked if I was ok and I said yes. I just told him I felt guilty for not feeling the "normal" feelings. I didn't cry, I wasn't excited or scared, I didn't feel anything good or bad. He said "That's ok, just so you know I'm hoping it's positive b/c i think the timing is perfect. I'm going to have a flexible schedule so I can be there for you for whatever you need and you have your family in town". I took the test. It said to wait 3 minutes. I covered it and placed it upside down on the counter. Nick came in less than a minute later, I picked it up and just started laughing and showed it to him and he laughed as well. I put it down on the counter again and kept staring at it. Nick said "what? are you waiting for the NOT to show up before the word PREGNANT?". I said jokingly, "kinda".

We walked out to the living room where my parents were, had dinner, watched our TV shows and that was that. I still couldn't sleep very well.

No comments: