6 weeks. July 16, 2008: Our first day on vacation. Now I know why they don't suggest traveling on your first trimester- all day long "morning" sickness. For the last two days the sickness has been a little more frequent but mostly related to not eating frequently enough. This was heightened today by the fact that our feeding schedule was controlled by two flights and 3 hours of highway driving. I'm basically on a newborn feeding schedule. I HAVE to eat every 1.5-2 hours or I get VERY nauseous. Nick's dad-to-be book described morning sickness as eating everything on the menu, riding a rollercoaster 4 times then multiplying the feeling x 100. That sounds about right. I've been getting these constant burps that are a bit annoying but today I was thankful because they made me feel better (after I ate of course). Here's my food diary for today:
Breakfast: 1.25 Ham & Cheese sandwich (ate mine and some of Nick's)
Snack on the plane: Biscotti, Ginger Ale, fruit bowl (melon, pineapple, grapes, etc) and an apple
Lunch: Bowl of chicken noodle soup, 7oz steak, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables AND a caramel apple dessert (all in one sitting and I wasn't stuffed- just satisfied)
Snack (1.5 hours from lunch): 2nd apple and a granola bar
1st dinner (two hours after lunch) to hold me until real dinner: Bowl of creamy vegetable soup (I'm on a soup kick- once I get nauseous it's the only thing that sounds good)
Dinner: Double Cheeseburger and a McChicken sandwich from Mickey D's (awful combo but there wasn't anything else quick and I was starving!)
So maybe that doesn't sound like a lot to you but that lunch on a regular day would've held me until the evening. I think I also need to make my breakfast and morning snacks a bit heavier so I don't feel like I'm binging in the afternoon. The problem is I've never been a big breakfast person and I have a hard time eating solid food in the morning. I ran out of Ensure a few weeks ago and I've been trying to ease off of it but once I get back I'll have to buy a case again.
I felt guilty today because I didn't want to spoil our vacation by feeling like crap everyday. Now I know what my body expects and tomorrow we will stock up on food before heading out. I don't know if this is normal. I've heard of pregnant women needing to eat frequently (as we all should anyway) but for me it's not just needing a snack. I feel like I can eat a whole meal every two hours. If I start like this, I'll gain 60 pounds by the end of this. I'll ask the Dr. to see if it has anything to do with my glucose levels.
I'll have to ask him about exercise also. The research is so mixed on what is ok and what isn't during pregnancy- I'm confused. I had spotted for two days over the weekend but not since. Yesterday was the first time I had exercised since the spotting and I spotted again today. It could just be a coincidence. We'll see what he says. This makes me want an ultrasound NOW. I want to know if there's a heartbeat already.
No comments:
Post a Comment