Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 6: Steph's Notes

Last night was the best sleep I've had since I've known. I felt great this morning. Plus, I've had two naps today. All of my friends who have been pregnant have reported a wave of exhaustion during pregnancy. I will fight this off for as long as I can. I plan on continuing my current workouts unless the Dr. orders otherwise. I kind of have to because I'm going to the gym with my mom in the mornings and I'm teaching fitness classes for work 3 x week and I'm not going to tell anyone for a while. I know I'll have to slow down because that's a lot but I do plan on doing some activity at least 5 x week.


Even though I don't have any symptoms-outside of mild cramps at night- today I've eaten like a cow. I really don't want to change the way I eat just yet because I don't think it's necessary. Actually, you're only supposed to increase your food intake by 300 calories a day which isn't much. I'm starting a food diary tomorrow so I can track when I get hungry and what for.

I'm going to have a REAL hard time with all the food I'm not supposed to have during pregnancy especially fish. I had been craving sushi for a while before I even knew and I never fulfilled the craving. Now I can't stop thinking about it. I'm not sure if I can't have any type of raw fish or if there's a short list. I'm hoping for a short list. I need the Dr. to clarify this restriction. As far as I understand I can't have some types of fish due to their high mercury content (e.g. salmon- hhmmm!) or raw fish due to the risk of salmonella. However, I've had a lot of raw fish in my lifetime and I've never had food poisoning/salmonella/ or even an upset stomach over sushi so I'm wondering exactly what the risk is.

No comments: