For a few days now Gavin has been helping me cook. He enjoys it and I like that I don't have to wonder what he is doing while I am in the kitchen. He makes his oatmeal in the morning and two days ago he even made his own fresh squeezed "lemon juice"--not lemonade since he literally just squeezes the lemons and drinks the juice without sugar or anything. I bought him a mini juicer to make it easier from now on.
So now he is on a cooking kick and I guess he picked up on the fact that I am trying to make everything from scratch. A couple of days ago he asked for chocolate ice cream. This he learned from an iPad app game that he plays where he goes grocery shopping. He's never had chocolate ice cream at our house so this came out of nowhere. I told him we did not have ice cream, he said he wanted CHOCOLATE ice cream, and I told him we did not have ANY ice cream in the house. His response: "I"ll make some, mama".
Me: you are going to make chocolate ice cream?
Gavin: yeah, I'll stir it up.
Me: you're going to stir it up?
Gavin: ( pulling the stool over to the kitchen counter) yeah, I'm going to stir it up.
Me: how are you going to make the ice cream?
Gavin: I need to stir chocolate....then add ice cream.
He ended up pretending to make ice cream since he realized I did not have chocolate nor ice cream for him to stir up. My mom is still sad I have not run out to the store to get Gavin his chocolate ice cream.
2 comments:
Wow! I think its great for him to be the independant little helper. If he's going to be the big brother, I guess this is his way of being the BIG brother. Changes are happening and he has decided to decide some of those changes. Steph you are doing great!
This still cracks me up. Stir up some chocolate and add a little ice cream, and *whallah*. He's definitely into the "kids say the darndest things" stage of development. We've had some hilarious moments this week, but we'll share those in another post.
-Nick
Post a Comment