We took a family trip to Target and went grocery shopping today. Gavin did really well. He doesn't mind the car seat or car rides. We had a very short window of opportunity now that I'm strictly breastfeeding. I wanted to be home within 2 hours so I could feed him again at home. Gavin hasn't perfected the "quick" latch-on yet. He still fights it for a while so that will keep me from feeding him anytime we're away from home. Anyhow, he slept most of the time and it was nice for us to actually do something outside the house. We've felt pretty unproductive sitting at home even though we love spending the time with him and resting up. But anytime we're home, the day seems to FLY by. I spend the day tracking feedings and diaper changes and before I know it, it's bed time.
Gavin also had his first bath today. His belly button stump fell off yesterday. I'm still a little concerned about it. It seems too soon for it to fall. It does not look right to me at all. Because he's a crier, I'm afraid he's got a hernia (outie). We looked up pictures online of belly buttons and it looks like Gavin's is within the normal range. He doesn't have any puss or swelling so I think it's ok but we're keeping an eye on it. Gavin didn't care for the bath. He cried the whole time. We were ready to take pictures and video of the occasion but it was so stressful that I needed Nick to help me. We were just trying to do it as fast as we could so he could calm down. Gavin pooped as soon as we put him in the tub so that was fun. As soon as we were done and wrapped him with a towel, he was a happy boy again. I'm not looking forward to the next bath. It hurts me when I hear him cry uncontrollably. Here's a happy, clean post-bath Gavin. . .
Gavin also had his first bath today. His belly button stump fell off yesterday. I'm still a little concerned about it. It seems too soon for it to fall. It does not look right to me at all. Because he's a crier, I'm afraid he's got a hernia (outie). We looked up pictures online of belly buttons and it looks like Gavin's is within the normal range. He doesn't have any puss or swelling so I think it's ok but we're keeping an eye on it. Gavin didn't care for the bath. He cried the whole time. We were ready to take pictures and video of the occasion but it was so stressful that I needed Nick to help me. We were just trying to do it as fast as we could so he could calm down. Gavin pooped as soon as we put him in the tub so that was fun. As soon as we were done and wrapped him with a towel, he was a happy boy again. I'm not looking forward to the next bath. It hurts me when I hear him cry uncontrollably. Here's a happy, clean post-bath Gavin. . .
1 comment:
HELLO GAVIN-----WE LOVE YOU!
LOVE,
MARY-MOM
Post a Comment