[Warning: this may be TMI for some of you]
I weighed myself yesterday at the pediatrician's office and the scale tipped at 150lbs, which means that I've lost 12 lbs. 12 lbs seems to be just Gavin's weight plus the placenta and stuff. I'm not so concerned about the number on the scale as much as the look of the weight in the mirror. It is quite a transformation to go from a full blown belly to what I refer to as "jelly belly" afterwards. I have all this extra skin. I'm not sure how women tone up after giving birth. Today my stomach looks smaller than it did yesterday. Nick even commented on it. Maybe it's the fact that I actually nursed and pumped which cause uterine contractions. The uterine contractions are so much milder now. The first couple of days, they felt like labor contractions. I also have to comment on my belly button. My belly button never pop'd out during pregnancy so I thought it would go back to normal right after. Well, given the extra skin in the mid-section, it now looks like an empty lake. I've got a serious dip going on. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. Also I've noticed that my butt has taken on a different shape- it's rectangular. Nick says he's noticed this on a lot of new moms before. I took my measurements again this morning and my hips are 41 inches which is the same as when I was pregnant but it just looks way different to me now.
I feel SO much better today. I am rested, my chest is relieved, stomach is smaller, and I could actually go to the bathroom with minimum discomfort (I have 2 stitches and an abrasion). I feel like I'm back in my body. The first couple of days home, I was so uncomfortable I couldn't imagine what it would've felt like to have a c-section. I had trouble getting up, sitting down, I dreaded going to the bathroom, I was tired, boobs felt awkward- I was over myself. Today, I feel normal and I'm really happy! :)
By the way, Nick and I are open to visiting hours starting tomorrow. Now that we kind of have the hang of things, we are opening our doors to those who would like to visit us. Call or preferably email me to "book" your time w/Gavin. Please don't come if you've been exposed to any illnesses recently. I'm just starting to enjoy my baby and I don't feel like spending time w/him at the Dr.
No comments:
Post a Comment