Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Great Day w/Gavin!

Gavin made up for yesterday today. He was perfect today! He slept great so I woke up rested which was a good start. He got a bath early this morning and he did not cry. i think he actually enjoyed it. Today was his 2-week follow-up appointment.
He weighed 7lbs 12 oz which means he gained 1 lb and 2oz in 2 weeks. The pediatrician called him a textbook because everything is going so well. He peed all over the scale and table when they were weighing him. He then pooped right before the doc came in. Nick had packed 5 diapers and I thought we were going to go through all of them before the end of the visit. Belly button and circumcision healed well. The Dr. turned him over on his belly and he lifted himself up on his arms. She was surprised he's so strong- she said that's a 2 month old thing so he's a bit ahead of the curve. Nick was very proud of his strong little boy!
The only thing that the doc warned us about was outings. She said Gavin should not go out until he is 8 weeks old. She specifically said no Publix, Target or Wal-mart! She said it is ok to go for walks in the stroller but not in public places. I didn't have the guts to tell her we'd already broken the rules. However after yesterday I definitely don't want a sick child so I will stick to doc's orders.
Nick stayed home w/Gavin so I could run a few errands before he had to go to class again tonight. I'm still a little behind on home stuff (laundry) but I made progress in that one hour break. Overall it was a great day. We were back on track and even made time for our walk before the sun went down. My mom is coming over tomorrow afternoon to help me while Nick is away just in case he doesn't do as well tomorrow.
Here are some pictures of Gavin:
his hair looks blond in this pic but in person it's light brown
For the scrapbook- shuttle launch w/Gavin
Below: Gavin in his green St Patty's Day outfit
I love this stare!
"do I need to poop?" ...
Yes, I do...
Nick and I love the pooping face. I only captured it 1/2 way. He looks like the joker when he's pushing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog made me feel much better after the last one! I was really worried about you. The pics of Gavin are so sweet! What a little lover guy. I cant wait to meet him!
(ps) you look great!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder why she said "No outings"? When Tiernan was under two weeks I got in trouble with my nurse for going to get him registered. But it was me who wasn't supposed to go out because of my blood pressure - I was only allowed out of hospital because I promised to rest and get myself checked out by my doctor everyday for as long as he felt necessary. I couldn't do what I was told though! Not much better at that now, but I am much better at letting things not get done. Time is flying by and I'm happy enough now to just watch him sleep, not run around trying to do everything.
I'm going to read this ( http://www.amazon.com/What-Mothers-Especially-Looks-Nothing/dp/B001G8WL1G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237414900&sr=8-1 ) as soon as I can stop half the navel-gazing!

Martina (Rafter)